Rico Jedrzejczyk (pronounced “Yen-Jay-Chik”)
Rico was called to the Bar in 2012 and has a broad commercial and taxation practice. He appears in the Doyle’s Guide 2022 to the legal profession as recommended junior counsel for Technology, Communications and Media matters.
Rico’s recent experience includes:
- Acting for GetSwift Ltd in proceedings brought by ASIC and related shareholder class action.
- Acting for the successful taxpayer, Mr Andrew Greig, in a Full Court appeal considering the application of the Myer Emporium principle to trading in listed shares.
- Acting for insurers in proceedings arising out of a claim for indemnity in excess of $1 billion by parties involved in the Queensland floods class action litigation.
- Appearing for the Seven Network in various matters, including proceedings arising out of the termination of the Yahoo!7 joint venture.
- Acting for reinsurers in litigation concerning a $750 million claim by the National Australia Bank in respect of losses incurred in selling interest rate hedging products in the United Kingdom.
Rico regularly appears for taxpayers and the ATO in taxation matters.
Rico completed his law degree at Sydney University and has a Master of Laws from Columbia University in New York.