Geoffrey Kennett SC
Administrative, Public & Constitutional
Geoffrey Kennett has been in private practice as a barrister in Sydney since August 1998. He was appointed Senior Counsel in October 2010.
His main areas of practice are in public law, comprising:
- review of administrative decisions
- construction and application of particular statutory regimes; and
- constitutional law.
Particular subject areas include migration, taxation, Customs, quarantine, social security, passports, electoral matters and environmental law.
Mr Kennett also appears in native title and regulatory matters.
- 1997-1998 Counsel Assisting the Solicitor-General of the Commonwealth
- 1991-1996 Office of General Counsel, Commonwealth Attorney-General’s Department
- 1985-1991 Various junior positions in the Australian Public Service
- Including Department of Finance 1985-1989; Senate Committee Office (attached to the Standing Committee on Legal and Constitutional Affairs) 1989-1991.
LLM (University of Sydney) 2013
Master of Public Law (Australian National University) 1993
LLB (Hons) (ANU) 1989
BA (Hons) (ANU) 1985